Taking care of our guests and staff
Taking care of you is what we’re here for – The health of our guests and staff has always been at the forefront of our decision making.
While some of the details and experiences of your stay will be different, our promise to you is that the feeling you get when you are here will be the same!
Over the last few months, we have taken time to look at ways we can operate in order to provide both you and our team members with confidence that we are doing everything we can to keep you safe and well during your visit to the hotel. We will be adhering to social distancing measures as far as possible, whilst still providing the warm and friendly service that is at the heart of our personality.
We are implementing many new protocols and as such, this is a living document that will continue to evolve and be updated with the latest government and medical advice, guest feedback and industry best practice.
We are entering some new and challenging times and we are committed to giving our guests the very best experience we possibly can. Together, we are confident we can start to return to the ‘new normal’ as safely and enjoyably as possible.
We encourage guests to help us maintain a safe environment by:
- Keeping a safe distance – Please help us by following the current Welsh distancing guidelines as far as reasonably practicable at all times.
- Personal hygiene – We’ve provided sanitizing gel in many areas around the hotel as well in each room. Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Use contactless where possible – All major credit & debit cards are accepted as methods of payment and deposit.
- Face Coverings – These are to be worn in all indoor public spaces at all times except while eating and/or drinking.
- Your room – Your room will be electrostatically cleaned and disinfected with care before your arrival. Where relevant, guest amenities will be replaced with single-use items to minimise cross contamination – e.g. tissue boxes will be replaced with individual packets. For additional information on cleaning please check housekeeping section.
- Temperature Checks – Your temperature may be taken upon entry into our hotels based on current government guidance and industry practice. Should your temperature be above 37.8°C, we will advise you to go home and get checked. This is for the safety of you and our staff. We thank you for your cooperation in allowing us to check your temperature and your understanding that should it be above 37.8°C, you will, unfortunately, not be able to stay with us.
- Staying home if you’re unwell – Please stay at home if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone with COVID19 symptoms in the past 14 days. If you begin to feel unwell during your stay, contact our reception immediately.
- Areas under local Lockdown restrictions – Unfortunately, if you reside in an area under local lockdown restrictions, you will not be able to stay at the hotel. If you have made a booking already, please contact us to discuss your options.
- Key Contact information – We shall be asking you to provide information to comply with Track & Trace / Test & Protect protocol to ensure that we all do our part in saving lives and limiting the spread of the virus.
Public Area’s & Reception
- Please follow guidance given on appropriate traffic flow within the hotel.
- Foot traffic is being managed by limiting the number of reservations we accept and managing the number of guests allowed into the hotel at any given time.
- If you need to use the lift, this is limited to one family at a time and the use of stairs is encouraged as the safest alternative.
- Hand sanitizer is available and accessible at all times at entry points.
- Invoices will be emailed to guests prior to departure where possible.
- Screens are placed at reception to ensure social distancing is maintained between our guests and hotel staff, and are regularly disinfected.
- All guestroom keys are disinfected before and after use.
- Leaflets, magazines and publications will no longer be available in all public areas. Instead, these will be available from reception for your own personal use.
- Our team regularly clean the reception area, including disinfecting all surfaces after guest’s check-in and check-out.
- Public toilets on the ground floor are open for guests to use, however we strongly recommend guests use their guestroom facilities. We advise guests not to enter if there are two people using the facilities, and to wait until one or both have left before entering.
- We have invested in electrostatic disinfectant sprays for deep cleaning once guests have departed.
- All linen is done in house and therefore is not shared with any other hotel and is thermally disinfected during the washing and ironing process, adhering to UK healthcare standards.
- We have adopted a flexible cleaning frequency as per our guest’s preference. Guests can choose when checking in to have their room cleaned as they wish during their stay.
- If you require any additional items such as towels to your room, call our reception desk and we will bring your requested items to your room.
- Our already comprehensive cleaning practices have been further developed following the pandemic and we regularly disinfect surfaces and upholstery using anti-bacterial and virus killing chemicals/agents.
- High contact surfaces (communal handles, elevator buttons, counters, etc.) are disinfected on a regular basis.
Our Restaurant and Bar
- Breakfast is available between 8am – 10am. As we know how much you like your breakfasts with us, we are continuing with our full breakfast menu. To avoid overcrowding, we request guests to book a time for breakfast, which will be staggered in 30-minute intervals.
- At present, evening meals will be served in the restaurant, but due to current social distancing guidelines and limited number of tables available, we strongly recommend you reserve a table. We will continue to keep our guests informed of any updates and changes.
- Face coverings are to be worn in all indoor public spaces, including the restaurant and bar. These can be removed once seated at your table to eat and/or drink.
- Please note, as per the latest Welsh Government guidelines, we will only take bookings for tables up to a maximum of 4 where the group is not an extended household.
- For groups of an extended household, we will take bookings up to a maximum of 6 (including children under 11). Our current space restrictions, due to social distancing, do not allow us to accommodate larger tables.
- The Hotel Bar will be open but guests are requested to return to their tables once a drink has been ordered or order from their tables as we need to avoid any crowding of the bar.
- As per the latest Welsh Government guidelines, last drinks will be served at 10pm in the restaurant and bar.
- Unfortunately, if you reside in an area under local lockdown restrictions, we will not be able to accommodate you at the restaurant or bar.
- We have increased all hygiene training across all areas of the team.
- There are new operating procedures for cleaning and sanitising all areas throughout the hotel, which is adhered to by all team members.
- All our front desk team and housekeeping teams have access to protective equipment during their daily job requirements (face coverings, disposable gloves).
- All staff will have their temperature checked on arrival for their shift and the results will be recorded in a confidential document held by our Directors.
- As always, we are here to ensure your stay is as enjoyable and comfortable as possible, so please speak to Reception if you have any concerns or questions during your stay.